When you are to write an argumentative essay, what you are required to do is choose a topic and pick a position on either side of the divide. You’ll need to read the topic widely because you’ll need to support your viewpoint with facts.
However, that’s not generally the hardest part of writing an argumentative topic. The hardest part is usually choosing a topic. But, there are several topics available online nowadays.
How to Choose an Argumentative Essay Topics
For an argumentative essay, you do not have to know everything about a topic to choose it. Having a little idea about it is enough. One exciting aspect of choosing an argumentative essay topic is that it offers you the opportunity to learn something new.
You also do not have to agree with the topic you choose. Sometimes, you might agree with a point of view on an issue, but you are required to write about an opposing viewpoint.
In such a case, you’ll find that researching different views helps you develop a broad perspective. Therefore, in choosing a topic, look through several topics of interest and think about each one for a minute.
Ask yourself the following questions: would you enjoy researching such a topic? Do you have a firm position on the subject? Do you think anyone would think otherwise? Do you have points you would like to get across? Did the topic give you something new to consider? When you answer these questions, you’ll decide on the right topic to choose from.
Argumentative Essay Topic Ideas
Let’s present you some argumentative topics. Some of these topics are controversial, but that’s precisely the point of an argumentative essay. Such controversial issues let you share your opinion and back them up with facts. Here are a few suggestions;
- Are humans the cause of global climate change?
- How effective is the death penalty?
- Should torture be ever acceptable?
- Should men get paternity leave from work?
- Is there any benefit to school uniforms?
- Is curfew effective towards keeping teens out of trouble?
- Are we over-dependent on computers?
- Should animals be an object of scientific research?
- Should there be a ban on cigarette smoking?
- Are law enforcement cameras a form of privacy invasion?
- Do children behave better or worse than it was years ago?
- Should the government invade our diet?
- Are professional athletes overpaid?
- Are violent games contributing to behavioral problems?
- Should English be an official language in the United States?
- Should the raising industry be forced to promote the use of biofuel?
- Should there be a decrease or increase in the alcohol drinking age?
- Should prisoners get the right to vote at all?
- Is same-sex marriage good, and should it be encouraged?
- Are there benefits to single-sex schools?
Sometimes, we get the best idea by looking at several options. We allow you to increase your chance of working on a great topic. We have also increased your chance of presenting an excellent argumentative essay by offering you to correct my essay online at low price. Writing professionals who are exposed to various topics will do it flawlessly for you. We hope you find them useful.