When asked to write a persuasive essay, what you do is to make a quality argument. You have to pick a topic, pick a side within the expression of the topic, and then give quality reasons why you’re correct. The aim is to convince your readers as to why your argument is right.
What this process means is that you’ll need to read widely about the topic in search of facts to support your convictions. In explicit terms, you’ll have to pick an interesting topic and can excitingly present it to readers as you try to carry them along in your writing.
The chances are that your supervisor or instructor has determined what your essay should follow. However, you’ll still have to choose a topic. This stage is where many find challenging.
But, the problem becomes minimal when you have access to various types of topics. Therefore, let’s see some persuasive essay topics and under which group they fall.
Suggested Persuasive Essay Topics
You can classify persuasive essay topics. This section aims to show you some of the groups and then suggest some topics under each group.
- Educational Persuasive Essay Topics
- Should school cafeterias offer soda?
- Should abstinence-only education be the focus of school teachings?
- Is there a need for all students to go to college?
- Which is more effective, online, or homeschool?
- Should the standardized test be the determinant for moving to another grade?
- Should college education be made free?
- Should all students be mandated to participate in sports/arts
- Political persuasive essay topics
- Should protester have the right to block traffic?
- Should protests be allowed? Does it pose a threat to public safety?
- Should voting be mandated?
- Should same-sex marriage be made legal?
- What is the role of protecting religious liberties in society?
- Why has the country be politically divided, and can it be fixed?
- Should minors have a say by vote?
- What more can be done to combat global warming?
- Legal and Crime Persuasive Essay Topic
- Should guns be allowed for self-defense?
- Do we have the right to privacy?
- Should marijuana be legalized for recreational purposes?
- What do you think about guns allowed in our colleges?
- Do you think marijuana in the medical drug could lead some users to heard drugs?
- Is the death sentence acceptable?
- Should self-driving cars be generally accepted?
- Can criminals be genuinely rehabilitated?
- Should gun laws be more restrictive?
- Health Persuasive Essay Topics
- Should healthcare be universally implemented?
- Should women continue to have maternity leave?
- Should men get paternity leave from work?
- Should the high tax be on fast food?
- What should the government’s role be toward soldiers returning from war with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder?
- Should tight regulation be on vitamins and supplements?
- Should health insurance companies provide more financial incentives for subscribers?
- Should restaurants be mandated to display nutrition facts about menu items?
- Women and Gender Persuasive Essay Topics
- What should be done about the concept of women’s “second shift”?
- Is gender a socially constructed norm?
- Are beauty pageants anti-feminist and shouldn’t be televised?
- Should there also be men’s rights advocacy groups?
- Should the new wave feminism idea be accommodated?
There are many things to argue about, and they can form the basis of your persuasive essay writing. While we have suggested some, you can also come up with new ideas and topics. The general idea is to be creative and present a quality persuasive essay paper.